Sunday 22 November 2009

Brighton, yr so crayzee

I think I speak for both of us when I say that we ♥ Brighton. Back in stinky CAPcity after an extremely pleasant Mr ipod listening session on the train. The Brighton to London journey is great for full album listenings. Last night also began as well as ended with a full album play of one of the best albums ever made. (fact,LOL) Talking about "is this it" by the Strokes of course! I put on the full album as my first set at Moon Hoax and then once again at probably 4am to please those three handsome dudes I was sitting with. They loved it a lot. Don't think Ed's international honeyz liked it much tho. OH LOL. They were more in to weeing in showers...yea, for real.
Actually, unfortunately my night didn't end on the Strokes. My cue to leave was definitely approximately 2 hours before that gross jerky old guy at the party said something along the lines of "hey kids, gonna play you an old German band from the 80s to educate you, it's a classic mate" then stomped over to the innovative technology apparatus to type "Kraftwerk" in to the video playing box thingie with his fat finger. OH COME ON MR CONDESCEND US MUCH, go tell yr grandchildren about how the invention of Daft Punk influenced yr brains back in the olden days. ugh. We also have BBC on our TV, you know?So anyway, one of the elements that added to the success of the soundtrack to my train ride home was Toro Y Moi. TYM is great for drifty hung-over train ride chilling. It's very important to chose the right soundtrack for optimal solo-hanging. LISTEN This song recently came out on Carpark Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment