Tuesday 17 November 2009

Advocate of the Atlas Sound

I missed out on the Jafro-2-Go event last night but Tiger kept me updated about Olly (oh swoon!), Jeddy & co via txtmsgs. I went to see Atlas Sound play instead. When I got to the venue, everyone was all "wooah, lady from Stereolab is here!" In other words: Z.O.M.G.E.R.Z, she is gonna sing Quick Canal with Braddy!! How cool is that? Needless to say, many smiles, happy times, it ruled.

Bradford also called out for song requests and some doofy pseudo-enthusiasts desperately blurted words in to the dark: "DEAHANTAH!" yeah dude, yr so witty aren't ya? Eventually an important word got yelled: "Pavement!" Whoever yelled that sounded like his life depended on it so Braddy smiled and tried playing Pavement, it was endearing but he struggled figuring out the chords. Aw, I wish he was my friend.


Definitively listen to Quick Canal, the collab song with lady from Stereolab: HERE YOU GO. It's off the new Atlas Sound album Logos. I've still not shut the hell up already about this album and have been listening to it religiously for the past month but it feels nowhere near over-played or over-advocated yet, it's total genius. Whilst you listen to the song, I recommend staring at the above piccy for a while. Seriously, do it! That's by this guy (awesomely) named out-4-pizza. As are these:

No comments:

Post a Comment